Friday, April 10, 2009

Taste of Teaching

On Wednesday, I had the privalage of teaching a lesson to a 3rd grade class. As part of a project in my Physics for Elementary Teachers class, I had to teach a physics lesson in a classroom. I chose Payton's class - as she's in 3rd grade, and I thought it would be neat.

The lesson I chose to teach was How to Make A Magnet. The kids had a great time learning how to make their own magnets - and I had a total blast getting to teach it. It was such a great experience and left me really wanting more. I know in my heart that I was born to be a teacher, and having the opportunity (even just a small one) to teach students was such a blessing. I get so excited making lesson plans, and gathering information on lessons that I will teach my students in the future.

Now that there's only 3 weeks left of school, it's the busiest time for me. I have 3 major projects that I have to complete - and they are going to involve a lot of work. Even though I'm excited that I will be done soon for the summer - I also dread the next couple of weeks. I have presentations, lesson plans, and final exams just around the corner - and I have to do good on all of it so that I can wear honor cords at my graduation. I'm currently making a 3.41 GPA - and in order to wear the honor cords, I have to make a 3.5 GPA. I should be able to do it if I make A's in all of my classes.

This weekend is Easter weekend - and even though I don't celebrate the Christian holiday, I do participate in the festivities - which are actually Pagan festivities anyways. Tomorrow, I'm taking the kids to a egg hunt at the college. It's Jada's first year of being able to hunt Easter eggs, so I'm excited about that. After that, we're going to a friends house for dinner. The kids will get to play and Steve and I will have a chance to catch up with our friend.

Sunday - the weather is supposed to be really nasty. I had bought some Easter eggs for the kids to hunt here, but if the weather is bad it might mean doing an indoor hunt. I'm sure the kids won't mind - and it can still be fun.

Well, that's it for now - I will post pics of the kids doing their Easter stuff next time. :)

1 comment:

Living Dees Life said...

you know, i am swelling with so much love and pride for you and your family and steve that i am just speechless.

some of the funnest egg hunts we did were indoors :-)