Thursday, March 04, 2010

March Madness

I can't believe I'm already half way done with this semester. Things are getting pretty crazy - I'm currently working on an application portfolio so that I can be accepted into the internship program next semester. It's so surreal that I'm so close to being done - but there's still a long way to go.

I'm a little nervous about what's going to happen next semester. I found out a couple of weeks ago that all intern teachers have to be at their designated schools by 7:30am, and that they are expected to stay at the school until their mentor teacher leaves for the day. That's very difficult for me because my kids don't get on the school bus until 7:15am, and I'm at least an hour away from all of the schools that I could be placed into. I'm not really sure what we're going to do, but I will deal with that mountain a little closer to the time.

So, updates on the family:

Payton is 9 going on 19...I swear she acts more like a teenager every day. She's become obsessed with Facebook, and spends pretty much all of her spare time on the computer. I had to take it away from her this past weekend for a week, because trying to get that girl to do ANYTHING is almost impossible. For 3 days I asked her to clean her room, and for 3 days she didn't. Computer disappeared, and now she's helping out around the house again.

Brayden started having difficulties in school again after Christmas. After a lot of counseling, parent/teacher conferences, phone calls, and suspensions, I've decided that the best thing for him would be to attend another school that is specially for kids with behavioral issues. The school is run by the counseling center where his counselor is based. It's a school that runs like any other school, except the teachers are also certified counselors. The school is still working on his paperwork, and hopefully he will start going there in the next couple of weeks. The plan is that he will attend that school until I begin teaching. Hopefully, by then, he will be able to integrate back into a public school and I will be able to place him into the school where I'm teaching.

Jada - ah, what to say about Jada. She is growing like a weed - over 3ft tall!! She is now talking very well, and it's possible to carry on conversations with her. Steve has been on temporary lay-off here and there for a few weeks now, and so she has spending every day with him. The two of them have been having a total blast, and she's now such a daddy's girl. Her favorite thing to do right now is cook. Steve and I have both been doing the cooking, lately, and Jada just HAS to help. She likes to pour ingrediants into bowls, stir, and whatever other little job we can find for her. She has also become a pro at putting dishes up from the dishwasher, HA! Every day, she helps Steve put the dishes away - only the silverware (minus knives) and the plastic stuff, but she's a great helper.

So, that's the update on everyone right now. I'm really going to try harder to update this thing more often - I really love to blog - but it seems time flies by before I even think about it.

Till next time. :)

No comments: