Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Just an Update


I haven't posted anything in a while, so I figured I should. Life is good. I got a wedding planner started. There isn't much in it, but I have found a couple of dresses that I like. I finally have my ring!!!! It's soooo beautiful. (pictured). I finally feel engaged now ;)

About a week ago, I had a few issues with my daughter. She has been acting a bit strange around Steven. After spending the weekend with my parents, she confided in my mom and told her that she didn't feel like he acted like her dad. She said that the only interraction they have is when he's getting on to her. That, I feel, is mainly her fault being that she spent most of her time in her room watching T.V. She felt like he liked Brayden better than her. Brayden has taken a very big liking to Steven. Brayden now calls Steven "daddy" without missing a beat. Brayden loves him very much. I did feel that maybe Payton had a valid point that Steven seemed closer to Brayden, but like I said before, that was mainly her fault. So, finally we sat her down and had a talk with her. Steven let her hold Baldasarre (our snake) while he cleaned out his tank. He made her feel special with that. We also watched a movie together that night. Since then she seems to have been feeling a lot better. She now also calls him Daddy. Steven seems to be trying to make her feel included, which is very nice of him. I feel like we're finally all a family.

Things are crappy at work. I want to find another position as I feel that my boss can be pretty unfair to members on our team quite a bit.

Ok, so there's the update. I'll keep you all posted ;)

2 comments:

Living Dees Life said...

Sounds like Stephen is doing really great with the kids. I hope I'm 1/2 as good with Cowboy's kids as Stephen is with yours, JoJo.

Anonymous said...

Hi jojo Just read the post - Just an Update and wanted to say hello!This is a photo of my gorgeous boy!
Cheers