Thursday, July 19, 2007

5 months pregnant!!




Ok, so it's been FOREVER since I posted. I keep promising to update this thing on a regular basis, and then never do. Well, as you can tell by the title, quite a bit has been going on since my last post.

First, and most important, I am five months pregnant. The news came to us as quite a shock. The day before I took the test, Steve and I had discussed me getting back on birth control. While we were having the conversation, something just didn't sit well with me and so the next day I bought a pregnancy test on the way to work. When I took the test, it took all of 10 seconds to show a positive response. I decided to take another one a couple of hours later, just to be sure, and it was positive. I rushed home and gave Steve the shocking news. He took it as I expected he would; he didn't say a word. He wasn't angry or upset, just shocked. For the first couple of months, I chose not to talk about the baby as I just really wasn't sure how he was feeling about it. Now things are better. He's opened up a little, and seems to be coming around to the idea that we're going to have a baby in the house. I'm due on December 14th, and we go for an ultrasound on July 31st to find out the sex of the baby (hopefully). I'm really excited about that. I feel huge and I look huge. I don't look pregnant, just very fat.

I got through my first semester of school without any problems. I made all A's and B's in my classes, so I was very proud of myself. I'm taking 3 classes right now, during the summer. I made an A in the first class, and in the process of the other 2 classes now. Next semester, I'm signed up for another full load. With the baby coming, things will have to slow down just a little in the Spring semester but I'll be going at full speed again by next fall.
Another shocking piece of news... I no longer work for Wal-Mart! I quit my job in April due to the demand being too much on me while being in school. I applied for a part-time job at the college working in the IT department, and I got it! It's only working 18 hours a week, which is so great for my busy schedule with school. I work with a great bunch of people, and the job couldn't be any less stressful. I sit around answering the phone, and playing on the internet all day. I can also do my homework at work, which helps out a great deal. It gives me more time at home with the family, rather than all my spare time being spent on studying. The job will also be great once the baby comes, as I will be home a lot more. I have no doubt that Steve will be fine at home with the baby, but I really want to be there as much as possible too.

Well, that's the main news going on right now. Payton and Brayden are doing great. Payton is just as smart as ever, and got into playing softball. We found out that she's really good at it. It's a great way to get her outside and mingling with older girls, as she really doesn't get along too well with girls her own age cause of how damn mature she is. Brayden is a pain in the butt, like always, but I love him. He played T-Ball while Payton played softball, and seemed to like it ok. He also has a girlfriend, whom he absolutely adores. Her name is Macy, and she is a beautiful little girl that I like very much. I like her parents too, so that's a plus.

That's it for now. Next update will probably be after the ultrasound on the 31st.

No comments: