Wednesday, August 01, 2007

It's a GIRL!!!







Yesterday was finally the day to have the 20 week ultrasound. Steve met me and the kids at the doctor's office at 8am. I was very nervous, and excited. All of the kids and my family were convinced that I was going to have a boy. Brayden decided to change his mind on the way to the doctor's office, and stated he thought the baby was a girl. After 30 minutes of waiting, we finally got called back. The technician did all of her stuff first - measurements, making sure that the baby had all the major organs and stuff - and then the fun part. She moved the baby around a little to be able to get a good shot between her legs - and there it was - the "cheeseburger". I couldn't believe it. Even I had an inkling that we were going to have a boy.


I'm very excited. I didn't really mind what we had either way. I have one of each already, so either way is great. I'm excited about having a little girl. That means I get to dress her up in cute little dresses, and make cute lacy blankets for her. The kids are excited also. Payton wanted a girl all along. Brayden wanted a brother, but is happy it's a girl. He gets to keep his room all to his self now, so that's a plus for him.


After the ultrasound, I took the kids and my sister to eat breakfast. They were all very excited, as was I, so I thought it would be nice to get out with them for a while. I made all the phone calls I needed to. My sister called my mom, I called Leah, Payton called Jane, Brayden called Nanny. Everyone had their designated people to call. It was a fun day. Now that all the excitement is over with - hopefully the rest of the pregnancy will fly by. I'm excited to see her and hold her now.


Well, that's the update right now. I will keep you posted. :)

1 comment:

Living Dees Life said...

woohoo! its a girl :)

stevie is definatly outnumbered now in the household.

congratulations! this is awesome.

names?!