Monday, May 11, 2009

Summer Lovin'

Well, I did it. I walked across the stage, received my fake diploma (I don't get the real one until after my final grades have all been calculated..should be by the end of the month), and am now a college graduate. I will post pics next time - as I haven't received my photos yet.

It's a very surreal feeling. I am the first of all my parents' six children to receive a college degree and will probably be the last until my youngest sister who is 13 goes to college. My journey is only half over, and in August I will begin the second half at the University of Arkansas. I go next Friday to enroll in my classes and get a rundown of how the next two years are going to go. I'm ready to get that over, so I can devote myself entirely on a summer of no school, no studying, no tests - just fun, relaxation, oh and more fun!!

Even though I really hate hot weather, I'm always excited when summer comes because it means no school, and quality time with the kids. I only work 2 days a week during the summer, so that gives me 5 whole days of doing fun stuff with the kids. Now that Jada is 17 months old (oh my, where did the time go??), she will enjoy a lot more of the activities. We already have our annual zoo trip planned for the beginning of June, and between now and then Jada and I will be doing some fun things with the toddler playgroup I joined. Being that Payton and Brayden don't get out of school until the first week of June, Jada and I have a few weeks to do some activities together - and then we can focus on including the "big kids". This week alone Jada and I are going to "petting zoo day" at Petco and a playdate at the park. Next week there are more fun activities like shopping, "Mom's Night Out" and more playdates. I'm so excited!!

I'm ready for a summer of fun, fun, and more fun - with a sprinkle of relaxation thrown in there. I'm gonna let my hair down, and just go with the flow. I think I'm more excited than my kids are..LOL

1 comment:

Living Dees Life said...

yay! i am so happy and proud of you!!

i get to see my baby sister graduate this weekend in russellville. she's the only one who finished college of us kids.