Saturday, May 30, 2009

Allergies - UGH!!

So, I've always been a winter lover - and the main reasons for that? I hate hot weather, and I HATE allergies!! This year, we've had a large amount of rain - which has caused an even heavier amount of growth - which in turn causes a greater amount of pollen...leading to an unbearable onset of my seasonal allergies.


I've dealt with seasonal allgeries since I was a child, and each year they seem to get a little worse. The past few summers, I've ended up in the emergancy room cause of an allergy asthma attack - and I fear that this year will be no different. I've tried every prescription and OTC drug on the market to help with my symptoms - but with no avail. I wake up every morning like I've been beaten in my sleep - two swollen eyes, a swollen and red nose, and severe throbbing pain all over my face and in my head. To make matters worse, this morning I also woke up with a fat lip - because I've now developed blisters on my top lip from blowing my freakin' nose too much.


It's this time of year that I wonder to myself - why the hell am I living in the middle of the woods?? I'm killing myself living here - but unless I move to the other side of the country, I doubt that moving to town would help any.


This is the time of year that I should be enjoying the nice weather, taking the kids out, and making the most of my 3 months off of school. Instead, I dread going outside. I would love to be able to enjoy things like picnics, hiking, playing at the park - and I do - except for the fact that I spend the whole time sneezing, blowing my nose, and trying to see thru my watered and sore eyes.

Oh, well - I've complained long enough - back to my misery. :(

No comments: