Saturday, July 18, 2009

New Addition to Our Family

Yesterday, I went and picked up a new addition to our family. She is an 8 week old half lab, half Great Pyranese. She is a puppy from a litter from our ex-lab, Alana. My boss was the person who took Alana in after Jada was born, and 8 weeks ago she gave birth to 9 puppies!!

I contemplated for a long time whether or not I wanted one of the puppies. It meant house breaking another dog, training her, wondering what to do if we go away - but it was Jada that made up my mind for me. Jada absolutely LOVES dogs. She adores my silky terrier, Asia, but Asia is a spoilt rotten "momma's girl" and really doesn't give Jada the time of day. Jada tries so hard to play with Asia, and Asia will amuse her on occasion (especially if Jada has food in her hand), but not enough for Jada's liking. I thought, maybe, if we get a new puppy, Jada will have a doggy playmate that will enjoy being played with.


We went and picked her up yesterday, and Jada was SUPER excited. I picked her name which is Bella. I picked Bella for 2 reasons. One, because when Jada says "belly", she says "bella" - and Bella has a big, round belly. The other reason is I'm obsessed with the Twilight series, and I thought that Bella would be a great name to bring over from the books.


Bella did so well on her car ride home. She laid down in the back seat the whole time, and Jada thought it was great. When we got home, Bella got out of the car and peed and pooped immediately - that was great!! We brought her inside to introduce her to Asia, and that went really well. All in all, things have gone really well. I bought a big dog pen to put in the yard for if we have to leave, and I don't like to leave her in the house alone. She seems to like the pen. She's done well as far as sleeping in her crate. I only had to get up once in the middle of the night to let her out to go to the bathroom. I feel like a new mom again...LOL


So, wanted to let everyone know - and share the excitement. :)

2 comments:

Living Dees Life said...

awe! she's beautiful!!

we want a pupppy but can't where we live.

Living Dees Life said...

i gave you an award today, come by and check it out!

http://geminiwitchtwin.blogspot.com/2009/07/got-award-x-2.html