Sunday, July 09, 2006

Kid Free Weekend!!!


This week has been a very quiet week. On July 4th, I took my kids to my mom to spend the rest of the week with her. We took the kids out of daycare a couple of weeks ago, and so Steve has been keeping them home with him during the day. He works nights, and so it's quite hard on him to take care of the kids and sleep during the day while I am at work. My mom decided she would take the kids for the rest of the week so that Steve could have some peace and quiet and get caught up on some sleep.

Wednesday and Thursday were normal days. Came home from work, had dinner, went to bed. When Friday came, I didn't want to just stay home. I figured if mom had the kids - we might as well do something so it was worth her having them. We decided to head to Fayetteville after I got off of work. We had to get a rat for Baldasarre and did some driving around. About 7 PM, I spoke to a friend of mine, Leah, about going over to her house and having some drinks. Steve and I hit the liquor store before heading back home. We went out to Leah's house for a drink. We hung out there until 1 AM or so. We reminised on "old times" like we always do when we've had a few drinks. Steve stayed pretty quiet. Leah is my ex's sister - so I'm sure it was a little weird for him hearing about our stories. When I've been drinking, I don't comprehend what I'm talking about and how it might affect the people that are around. Steve didn't seem to mind so much, but he sure couldn't get in on the conversation cause he had no idea what we were talking about.

Yesterday, I got up around 10 AM. That's a rare luxury. Ususally when the kids are home, I'm up by 8 AM. I cooked us both some breakfast and had a great idea about what we could do. Being that the weather was so nice, I asked Steve if he wanted to go fishing. I haven't been in years, and I know that Steve really enjoys it. We headed to Wal-Mart to get our licenses and pick up a few things that we needed. We then headed out to Beaver Lake. It was so beautiful out. It was hot, but not too hot. I caught a bass!!! First bass I've ever caught in my life. After spending a couple of hours there, we decided to head to another part of the lake that Steve liked. We got there a little after 6 PM. It was nice and shaded, and very quiet. Didn't catch anything there - but it was a lot of fun. We're going to start doing that on a regular basis. Hopefully, next weekend, we're going to take the kids. I think they would love it, especially Brayden. Don't think that Payton will be too into it; she's a little girly-girly for messing with worms and fish but it'll get her out for a while.

The kids come home today. I have to admit, as nice as it's been to have some "alone" time with Steve, I've missed them. Steve's going to make pizza for dinner. My dad's excited about that. He loves pizza, and I really think he's going to like Steve's homemade pizza. Well, I need to go and get my laundry put up and clean things up around here. 'Till next time.

2 comments:

Living Dees Life said...

I'm so happpy you guys had an awesome time. thats wonderful of your mom to keep the kids for a bit.

give stevie-o hugs for me and the kids too.

Living Dees Life said...

I'm sorry I'm gonna miss your wedding. And I'm gonna miss seeing you guys. I know you two will be happy. Im moving to Chicago. I leave friday. I'll be giong through that area...but I really can't stop. Wont be by myself.

Love you and steve-o tons!
Jenny