Saturday, July 01, 2006

Back to Square One


This week has been a very trying week for me. We were supposed to close on our house yesterday - but of course that didn't happen. We should of expected it - but what happened this week we didn't expect. Monday, we got a call from our loan guy that the loan company that he was getting us approved with had backed out of the deal. Even though we've jumped through every hoop they've asked us to - they decide 4 days before closing that they can't give us the loan. ASSHOLES!! So, my loan guy says "Don't worry, we'll find another loan company". That should of been my first sign to worry. So, he submits us with some other companies. On Thursday, 1 day before the scheduled closing, I get a call from our realtor. She's a piece of work now, but that's a whole different story. She tells me that she's spoken to our loan guy - and that we're not getting the mobile anymore so she's giving up our land. WTF???? I call my loan guy back who basically tells us that he's probably not going to be able to get us a loan for the mobile, but is trying to get us a conventional loan for a "real" house. I guess that's not totally bad news - but Steve and I loved the house we were getting. It was a mobile - but it was gorgous and had everything in it just how we wanted: All the appliances, antique crown molding, marble and granite countertops, 4 huge bedrooms, and total sq footage of 2300. It was our dream "startup" home. We don't mind getting a "real" house - but I just don't think there is going to be any way that we're going to be able to find a house near as nice or size for the price we were going to pay. So, anyhow, we're supposed to find out about that on Monday.

Holiday weekend:

Today, we're all heading over to my moms. My brother from Kansas and my brother from Conway are coming in for July 4th festivities. Basically in our family that means swimming, eating, heavy drinking and fireworks - usually in that order. My skanky sister is supposed to go back to Conway with my brother on Sunday - we'll see.. LOL I'm excited about seeing my neice. My brother from Kansas has a little girl - Kirsten. She's my only niece. Being that I have kids - all my brothers and sisters have 2 neices and a nephew (except my brother who has a daughter, neice and nephew). This is my only neice. We don't get to see her much - I think I have a post from Christmas that talks a little more about her. She's adorable.

My studies:

I've enrolled in online pagan studies - and have been accepted. The classes don't start until August - but I'm really excited. There are so many aspects of the religion that appeal to me. The fact that you follow your own beliefs - you can either agree with some, all, different variations - is the most appealing. I hate people pushing their religion and beliefs on me. The best part about pagans are the fact that they are supportive of all beliefs - and don't try to push their beliefs off on anyone. I had a friend last night tell me the difference between a witch and a bitch, it goes something like: "One has power, the other just think she does"...I don't know if that's the exact thing he said - but it's pretty funny. So what happens when a bitch becomes a witch?? That's going to be interesting to find out. ;)

1 comment:

Living Dees Life said...

When a bitch becomes a witch... LOL, Thats me!

SOrry to hear about the home stuff. It'll all work out. Just keep faith.