Saturday, December 02, 2006

Holidays R Here Again!!!


Two months since my last post. Seems as if that's the average.. LOL Things are crazy for me right now. I've got so much going on - my head is spinning. I finally received financial aid to attend school next semester. It seems as though I'm one step closer to getting my dream job of being a teacher. I start in January. I've enrolled in all my classes, the finanacial aid is complete - so it's just waiting for classes to start now. I'm still in the same job. I put on hold looking for a new one, as I'm trying to get something figured out with the director I work with. She's trying to see about getting me a job with her. That would be a lot easier with school coming up. It's very hard to find a new job when I'm going to be gone quite a bit for school. I'm the new Decatur Brownie girl scout leader. That's a lot of fun. Our troop is still very small - but Payton really enjoys it, so I'm going to stick with it.

This year was the first year EVER that I got to have Thanksgiving at my house. I stayed up all night the night before to cook a 20lb turkey. Then I spent all day in the kitchen cooking all the fixings. My parents and grandparents came over, along with my youngest brother and sister. It was a hell of a lot of work - but I had a blast. It was so nice to have all the family over to me. I've never had a house big enough to do it before - so it made having my own house that much more special. My grandpa is one of those men that's pretty hard to impress. He's got onto me my whole life about my weight, and finds little things to dig at me about. Whether it's getting pregnant and "ruining my life", smoking, eating to much - pretty much anything really. On Thanksgiving day he was a completely different man. He was very impressed with the house, and all the hard work I put into making the day perfect. He's nominated me for Thanksgiving again next year.. LOL I told him about going to school in January - and he thought it was great. Usually I hear a long lecture about how bad teacher's pay is blah, blah, blah - but when I made my point about it not being for money, he actually seemed to understand.

Now Christmas is coming. I'm sooo excited. I love Christmas!! Even though it won't be a terribly huge Christmas - it's still Christmas all the same. Got the tree up the day after Thanksgiving. It snowed here a couple of nights ago - and it's REALLY cold. I LOVE it. Sitting in front of the fireplace (yes, we have one.. a real one at that), with a cup of hot chocolate watching a Christmas movie is the best!! For the first time in my life - things are almost perfect. I say almost, because things are never really perfect. But we have money, health, and a beautiful house - what more can we ask for?

No comments: