Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Softball Excitement


So, Payton has played softball for the past 3 years. The year she started, her team won all but one game and made it to the district playoffs. The next year, Payton had to stay on the 8 & under team rather than advancing to the 10 & under team with her team mates. Luckily for her, I coached the 8 & under team last year ;) Well, this year, she's on the 10 & under team, but the coach has gone to another team - so she's back with her original team mates, but not the original coach.


Ok, now I'm just plain rambling...ugh...anyways, Payton's team this season has only won 1 game and tied 1 game - they've lost all of the others. Last nite was the first night of the league tournament. The parents all figured, for sure, that it would be the only night that our girls got to play - due to their current standing. Well, we were WRONG!!! Our team played one heck of a game last night. Payton got to play catcher, a spot that she is VERY good at - but for some reason didn't get to play all season...but that's another story all together, don't get me started.


So, not only did they win - but they won 9-5!! The most runs they've scored in a single game all season. Every single girl on the team got at least 1 run. It was so exciting - I just had to share!! The next round of the tournament is on Thursday, but I have to be in Fayetteville all afternoon and don't know if I'm going to make it back in time. I sure hope so - cause I really don't want to miss that game. Will let you all know how it goes. :)

No comments: