Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Break - Over Already?

The fastest week of the year is officially over in just a few short hours. This week was Spring Break, and what should of been a week of relaxation turned out to be a week of running around and chaos. It wasn't bad chaos, just not relaxing by any means.


Monday and Wednesday I had to work. My days ended at 2, rather than the 5pm that I'm used to.. but it still didn't allow for those days to spent on anything remotely relaxing. On Tuesday, I ventured to my mom's in Oklahoma. My cousin was there with her new baby girl, and I did the baby's first photos. They came out really well - I will post some when I get them all finished. Wednesday, after work, I went and helped one of my bestfriends take his daughter's senior photos. I'm going to be doing some editing for them, so I will post some of them when I get through with them also. Thursday, it was back to my mom's to spend the night. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my family - but I end up coming home from their house drained and exhausted as it's customary for my mom and I to stay up to the wee hours of the morning playing Yahtzee. Friday evening, we all came home and my youngest brother came with me to spend the weekend. I love having my siblings over for the weekend - but this, again, is hardly a recipe for relaxation.

Here are pics of the kids that I took at my mom's on Tuesday:






Saturday morning I woke to the smell of waffles cooking, and looked out the window to see hard snow falling. WTH?? It's the end of March and it looked like a blizzard outside. This wouldn't be so weird, but the day before I was wearing shorts for Christ's sake. Ahhh - gotta love Arkansas. My brother and I ventured to Wal-Mart Saturday afternoon for a few basics, and it was freezing outside. Reminded me more of December than late March. It was kind of cozy to have the fireplace going last night. Today, I spent the day moving Jada out of Brayden's room and putting her into Payton's room. That involved rearranging furniture...hardly relaxing.

The best part is that in a couple of hours (around 9pm tonight) I have to meet my parents in Siloam Springs (about 20 minutes away) so that they can pick up my brother. They are on their way back from Norman, OK where my sister competed in the state Spelling Bee. Unfortunately, she didn't win - but I'm proud of her anyways. So, that's my week...tomorrow life goes back to normal. Back to work, back to school, back to the craziness. Ahh - only a month and a half and it'll be summer!!

No comments: