Saturday, August 20, 2005

Life is Great


Not really much to update on right now... Except the biggest memorable moment of MY LIFE!!!!
He loves me!!!! I didn't think the day would come so soon... but he does. He told me the other night. I couldn't help but break into tears. I don't think I've ever been so happy before in my life. Like I've said before, I've had love in my life before... at least I thought I had.. until I met Steven. I am soooo happy!!!

The past 4 months of my life has given me a "start over". I've been given the chance to let go of my past.. and start over new. I still have the occasional nightmare, basically cause I'm still scared that this could end at any moment. But I've tried to drill into my head that I can't let that happen. I feel that this is the man I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. I've never been able to make that statement before. We've talked a lot about things to come in our life.. buying a house being the biggest one of those things.

My children have asked A LOT if this man is going to be their "new" dad. It's very hard to answer this question. I love my children very much, and they have never had a strong role model in their life except my dad. They think the world of "Steve" (that's what they call him). My daughter has asked me several times why she can't call him "dad". Once again, I don't know how to answer this question. This should be between them and him. It's a lot to ask a man that's only been in their lives such a short time... but I think that they're ready to make the step over.. just as I have.

It was my daughter's first day of Kindergarten yesterday. She was so excited!! I cried. LOL. She very much wanted Steven and I both to pick her up from school, and we did. She really didn't have much to say about her first day except it was great. Steven and her are now gone to Fayettville together to go and buy some rats for Baldasarre (our snake). I think this will be great for her.. as she has been yearning so much to spend some time with him.

Ok, well that's the update so far.

No comments: